Information and Criteria
The Employee Scholarship Program is intended to assist Missouri S&T staff seeking to start or further their higher education.
- Funds will be awarded twice a year, Spring and Fall semesters, based on application letters.
- The funds must be used for classes or courses at Missouri S&T or another campus within the UM System (no conferences or seminars). The applicant is not required to be a full-time student.
- Applicants must be full-time (≥75% FTE) permanent Missouri S&T staff members, without academic appointment, and have successfully completed six months of continuous employment by the application deadline.
- Applications will be vetted through the Human Resources department for eligibility.
- Current Employee Scholarship Review Committee members are not eligible to apply.
- An Employee Scholarship Review Committee (a five-member staff council subcommittee) will review and rank the blind application letters.
Funds for the scholarships are raised through donations to the Staff Scholarship program and various fundraising activities. The goal is to give $300 to up to 3 recipients in the Spring and 3 in the Fall; however, if enough money is raised we will increase the number of recipients.
Application and Deadlines
Fall Semester: June 15
Spring Semester: Nov. 1
- Applications will be processed by the advocacy chair of the Staff Council and sent to the review committee.
- Initial blind reviews will be completed by July 1 and Nov. 15 respectively.
- The review committee will rank applications with the top three receiving the award.
- If a scholarship is declined by the recipient it will be awarded to the next in succession.
- Scholarship awards will be sent to the financial aid office no later than July 15 and Nov. 30.
Tuition Assistance and Tuition Rates
Tuition Assistance Information: https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits/education
UM System Tuition Rates:
Missouri S&T: https://cashier.mst.edu/studentfees/currentstudentfees/
Tuition assistance and scholarships can also be used to take training courses through the UMSL Computer Education and Training Center as well as other professional credit courses offered by institutions within the UM System.
How to donate to the fund
Individual donations to help support the scholarship fund are also greatly appreciated.
To donate via credit card:
To donate through payroll deduction:
- Notify Advancement Services:
- Advancement Services will send paperwork for you to complete.
- Once completed send to HR for processing.
To donate cash or by check:
- Send the donation to Advancement Services.
- Note that it is for the Staff Council Employee Scholarship Fund.