Staff Council election
Staff Council 2019 Ballot Now available!
Vote today for the 2019-2020 Staff Council!
- Click for electronic ballot
- Paper Ballot can be sent by campus mail to G-1 Parker Hall/ Attn: John Cook.
Ballots are limited to one per staff member and are open until Friday, August 16 at 5:00 PM.
Staff Council elections are held once a year and terms last for 2 years. Any employee who is a full time (> 75% FTE) permanent Missouri S&T staff member without academic appointment and has at least one (1) year service before nomination is eligible for election to the Staff Council. For additional details, please refer to the current by-laws on our About Page.
- Nominations will open during the annual Staff Appreciation Day with pending vacancies posted on the Staff Council website in advance. A notice will also be placed in the employee eConnection with a listing of pending vacancies for each Council seat and the election procedures for filling them published on the staff council website. Accepted nominees will be recognized on the website and eConnection.
- Ballot procedures will be emailed for electronic voting. Any employee who is full time (>75% FTE) permanent Missouri S&T staff member without academic appointment and has at least one (1) year service before nomination is eligible for election to Staff Council.
- Election campaigning at university expense is prohibited.
- Following nominations, ballots will be sent out to benefit eligible staff and must be submitted by electronic ballet form no later than July 13.
- Ballots will be counted under supervision of the Election Committee and the results will be published by July 15. In the event of a tie vote, the Election Committee, by secret ballot, will make the final selection.
- Ballots will be retained for two (2) years following public notification of election results. At that time, they will be destroyed. An official record of the election results will be held by the Secretary.
Terms and vacancies
as of November 2, 2018
|Elected Member||Employee group||Term ends|
|Beth Abner, Past Chair||Ex Officio Advisor||July 31, 2019|
|John Cook, Chair||Administrative/Professional||July 31, 2019|
|Barbi Spencer, Vice Chair||Secretarial/Clerical||July 31,2020|
|Michele Warren||Craft/Maintenance (Filled by Sec/Clerical)||July 31, 2019|
|Theresa Busch||Craft/Maintenance (Filled by Sec/Clerical)||July 31, 2019|
|Bea Bonebrake||Secretarial/Clerical||July 31, 2019|
|Rebecca Birkner||Administrative/Professional||July 31, 2019|
|Joe Tupper||Technical/Paraprofessional||July 31, 2019|
|Rhonda Drennan (interim)||Secretarial/Clerical||July 31, 2019|
|Jessica Boles||Member-At-Large||July 31, 2019|
|Clorice Reyes||Member-At-Large||July 31, 2019|
|Jennifer Ice||Member-At-Large||July 31, 2020|
|Stephanie Lewis||Member-At-Large||July 31, 2020|
|Debra Dixon||Secretarial/Clerical||July 31, 2020|
|Jacquelyn Sansone||Secretarial/Clerical||July 31, 2020|
|Rhonda Drennan||Secretarial/Clerical||July 31, 2020|
|Amber Stienbarger||Administrative/Professional||July 31, 2020|
|Simone Waldon||Administrative/Professional||July 31, 2020|
|Velvet Hasner||Technical/Paraprofessional||July 31, 2020|
|Tom French||Craft/Maintenance (Filled by Admin/Professional)||July 31, 2020|
||July 31, 2020|