Staff Excellence Award
Nine outstanding staff members will receive a Missouri S&T Staff Excellence Award this year.
The awards are intended to show appreciation for and recognition of staff contributions to the university. The awards will be given to staff members who have made significant contributions to the university through a combination of job performance, relationship with their associates, and dedication to the Missouri University of Science and Technology. Any staff member, faculty member or student at the university may submit nominations, with the exception of current members of the Staff Excellence Awards Committee.
- Misty Daniels, manager II of business administration in Fiscal Services
- Siiri Gilness, senior office support assistant in Student Affairs
- Rhonda Grayson, business support specialist II in Computer Science
- Virginia Hauck, custodian in Facilities Services
- Gavin Jewell, media producer I in Global Learning
- Lisa Olds, office support assistant IV in University Police
- Carolyn Pridgeon, custodian in the Havener Center
- Tina Reagan, student support specialist II in Student Life
- Sammatha Wilcox, student support assistant II in Career Opportunities and Employer Relations
Jan Buhlinger Spirit Award
- Joe Boehm, Building Services Supervisor in the Havener Center
Submit a nomination
for the 2018 Staff Excellence Award
The Missouri S&T Staff Excellence Award Committee will make recommendations to the Chancellor for final approval. Submit a nomination below or download and submit the 2018 Staff Excellence Award Nomination Form (pdf).
The awards will be given to staff members in the following five job categories, provided at least three nominations are received for each category. To be eligible, all staff members must be employed (benefit elegible) for a minimum of three years at Missouri S&T by Monday, April 9, 2018.
- three awards for administrative/professional (3-year eligibility requirement)
- three awards for secretarial/clerical (3-year eligibility requirement)
- one award for technical/paraprofessional (3-year eligibility requirement)
- two awards for crafts/services (3-year eligibility requirement)
- Current member of either Staff Council or the Staff Excellence Awards Committee are not eligible
- Employees who have won the award within the past five years are not eligible