Employee Scholarship Program
The Employee Scholarship Program is intended to assist Missouri S&T staff seeking to start or further their higher education.
- Funds will be awarded twice a year, Spring and Fall semesters, via application.
- An Employee Scholarship Review Committee (a five member staff council subcommittee) will review and rank the blind applications. These applications consist of a letter stating needs and goals of the applicant submitted to the advocacy chair.
- The funds must be used for classes or courses at Missouri S&T or another campus within the UM System (no conferences or seminars). The applicant is not required to be a full time student.
- Applicants must be full-time (≥75% FTE) permanent Missouri S&T staff members, without academic appointment, and have successfully completed six months of continuous employment by the application deadline.
- Applications will be vetted through the Human Resources department for eligibility.
- The deadline for application is June 15 for Fall semester and November 1 for Spring semester.
- They will be processed by the advocacy chair of the Staff Council and sent to the committee.
- Initial blind reviews will be completed by July 1 and November 15 respectively.
- Applications will be ranked by the review committee with the top three receiving the award.
- If a scholarship is declined by the recipient it will be awarded to the next in succession.
- Scholarship awards will be sent to the financial aid office no later than July 15 and November 30.
- Current Staff Council and Employee Scholarship Review Committee members are not eligible to apply while serving their term.
Funding will come from the proceeds of our food auction hosted during Staff Day. The goal is to give $250 to up to 3 recipients in the Spring and 3 in the Fall; however, if enough money is raised we will increase the number of recipients. For year one of Fall 2017, only one scholarship will be awarded.