STAFF COUNCIL ELECTION PROCEDURES
1. A call for nominations will be emailed to staff and placed in the employee eConnection with a listing of pending vacancies for each Council seat and the election procedures for filling them published on the staff council website. Accepted nominees will be recognized on the website and eConnection.
2. Electronic nomination must be submitted by July 22. Ballot procedures will be emailed for electronic voting. Any “benefit eligible” employee with at least one (1) year of service before July 1, 2017 is eligible for election to the Staff Council.
3. Election campaigning at university expense is prohibited.
4. Following nominations, ballots will be sent out by email to benefit elegible staff and must be submitted by electronic ballet form no later than August 1.
5. Ballots will be counted under supervision of the Election Committee and the results will be published promptly. In the event of a tie vote, the Election Committee, by secret ballot, will make the final selection.
6. Ballots will be retained for two (2) years following public notification of election results. At that time, they will be destroyed. An official record of the election results will be held by the Secretary.
CURRENT TERMS AND VACANCIES as of September 30, 2017
9 Vacant Positions
|NAME||Employee Group||TERM ENDS |
|Craft/Maintenance (Filled by Admin/Professional)
|Craft/Maintenance (Filled by Tech/Para)
|Craft/Maintenance (Filled by Sec/Clerical)||YES|
|Craft/Maintenance (Filled by Sec/Clerical)